Solar PV - The Smart Investment
Making The Most of Your World
How does it work?
Solar panels collect molecules of sunshine which are made into little packets of energy and converts them into a DC electrical current.
DC TO AC INVERTER
Dc to AC inverters convert the DC current generated by a solar panel into AC current that can be used to power appliances in your home.
Solar panels convert the sun’s light into an electrical current, the current is them converted from Direct Current (DC) to Alternating current (AC) and it is then ready to power your lights and appliances.
The Generation/Credit Meter measures the electricity so you can start to earn an income from the power generated.
- Solar energy is free and plentiful. The Sun provides nearly 6,000 times as much energy in a year as we humanity uses globally in the same time.
- Once installed Solar PV Panels require no maintenance and last for 25-30 years.
- Every penny you put into Solar PV adds to the value of your home. It has been calculated that some buyers are willing to pay more than £10,000 more for greener homes.
- Unless you live in a listed building or is in a conservation area or World Heritage Site you don’t need planning permission for most installations.
- Solar PV can potentially allow you to be completely self-sufficient. No more electricity bills!
- Carbon neutral and silent in operation, your new PV panels will simply sit on the roof and collect molecules to convert to free electricity for use in your home (along with saving you some cash) for the duration of their lifespan.
- Investment in Solar PV can reap upto an 8% yield per annum.
- Free electricity from the panels
- Tax Free earnings from the Feed in Tarriff Scheme(FITS)
- Little or no expenense of maintenance to the panels over the 25 year lifespan
- For more details on how good an investment Solar PV can be and how it can be made to work for you have a look at the Energy Savings Trust’s Cashback Calculator.